Skip to content

Election in May

On 2nd May there will be elections for the Combined Authority Mayor and the Police and crime Commissioner.

When voting in person, you will need to bring Voter ID. Please see details below.

At these elections, residents will need to bring photo ID to be able to vote at a polling station.
You will only need to show one form of photo ID, but it needs to be the original version and not a photocopy.

Residents can use any of the following accepted forms of photo ID to be able to vote at a polling station.
• International travel
o Passport
• Driving and parking
o Driving licence (including provisional licence)
o Blue badge
• Proof of age
o Identity card with PASS mark (Proof of Age Standards Scheme)
• Local travel
o Certain concessionary travel cards
• Other government issued documents
o Biometric immigration document
o Defence Identity Card
o National identity card
If they have a form of accepted photo ID which is out of date, they can still use it to vote at a polling station if it still looks like you.
For more information about Voter ID and registering to vote, visit